The health care training programs at Concorde Career College in Portland are for high school graduates (or holders of an equivalent qualification, such as the GED) who are at least 18 years of age at the beginning of the extern/clinical portion of their program.
You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. You must also be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a Social Security number to apply.
Applicants to all our programs must:
- Complete our online application
- Pay the application fee, if required
- Provide proof of high school graduation/ GED completion
- Participate in a virtual interview (in-person interviews can be arranged by request, subject to local health guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Complete any required entrance assessments, including:
- Wonderlic SLE (required for all programs)
- Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) A2 exam (required for practical nursing, surgical technology and respiratory therapy applicants)
For some programs, such as practical nursing, we may also require a physical exam and proof of immunization. Students may also be asked to produce documentation proving their citizenship or residency status upon application.
Finally, the following programs require a criminal background check for admission:
- Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Polysomnographic Technology
Please note: Externship/clinical sites, employers and state/national licensing agencies may also have background check requirements.