The health care training programs at Concorde Career College in Aurora are for high school graduates (or holders of an equivalent qualification, such as the GED) who are over the age of 18.
You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. You must also be a citizen, permanent resident, or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a Social Security number to apply.
Applicants to all our programs must:
- Complete our online application
- Pay the application fee, if required
- Provide proof of high school graduation/ GED completion
- Participate in a virtual interview (in-person interviews can be arranged on request, subject to local restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Complete any required entrance assessments, including:
- Wonderlic SLE (required for all programs)
- Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) A2 exam(required for practical nursing, surgical technology, respiratory therapy, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology and dental hygiene applicants)
For some programs, such as practical nursing, we may also require a physical exam and proof of immunization. Some students may also be asked to produce documentation proving their citizenship or residency status upon application.
Finally, the following programs require a criminal background check:
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Practical Nursing
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Dental Hygiene